Thank you to everyone who contributed to APNIC 28.
The preliminary event participation statistics are:
|Total number of onsite delegates:||272|
|Participants in remote venues|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Web-based online participation options included a choice of video, audio and text chat. Participation figures for online remote delegates based on unique IP address were:
|Online remote participatants||288|
ElectionsDuring the APNIC Member Meeting (AMM) in Beijing on Friday, 28 August 2009, the following candidate was elected to the NRO NC.
- Dr Kenny Huang
NIR SIG Chair
- Izumi Okutani
- Wei Zhao
Policy SIG Co-chair
- Terence Zhang
Election details are available on this site
Policy SIGSeven policy proposals were discussed.
The following proposals reached consensus:
- prop-050: IPv4 address transfers
- prop-073: Simplifying allocation/assignment of IPv6 to APNIC members with existing IPv4 addresses
- prop-074: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Policy for Allocation of ASN Blocks (ASNs) to Regional Internet Registries
- prop-075: Ensuring efficient use of historical AS numbers
- prop-076: Requiring aggregation for IPv6 subsequent allocations
- prop-077: Proposal to supplement transfer policy of historical IPv4 addresses
- prop-078: Reserving /10 IPv4 address space to facilitate IPv6 deployment
MoU SignedAPNIC signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the following organization:
Meeting sponsorsAPNIC offers its deepest thanks to the sponsors of APNIC 28, whose invaluable contributions allowed APNIC to offer a meeting program of a very high standard.
Upcoming APNIC meetings
1-5 March 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(with APRICOT 2010)
Four Seasons Hotel, Bangkok
23-27 August 2010