APRICOT Peering Forum
|When:||Tuesday, 22 February 2011 at 11:00 (UTC+8)|
|Where:||HKCEC Convention Hall B+C|
|Chairs:||Gaurab Raj Upadhaya
Video / Audio for this session
9:00 – 10: 30: Joint Peering Plenary : Peering perspective from R&E Networks
This session will bring together R&E network operators from Asia and other parts of the world to share their own experience with peering with commercial networks at exchange points. It'll be an overview of what they bring and how their perspective may be different from purely commercial networks.
- What do R&E Networks bring to the Peering World : Rob Evans, JANET
- Expanding Beyond Asia to Europe and US for ASNet : Ethern M., Lin (ASNet)
- NORDUNET: Peering in Europe and North America : Lars Fischer
- Peering and IXP presence for AARNET : Bruce Morgan
- Peering benefits for NUS
11:00 – 12: 30 : Peering Forum : Over land Fiber Developments in Asia Pacific
Over the last few years, there has been a massive investment in over-land fiber systems between countries. While all the news is about sub-sea cable system, we have tried to bring together operators from different parts of Asia in this session that will form a panel at the end of the presentation. We'll also cover technical side of running on-land fiber on long vast stretches of land. Operators from China, Indian sub-continent, Mekong Sub Region will present and participate in this session.
14:00 – 15:30 : Peering Forum : SIG - IX and Internet Exchanges
This session will cover emerging issues in Internet Exchange Points, and also bring updates from different IXPs in Asian region. Short update from IXPs in other regions is also presented.
- IX-SIG elections
- HKIX Update: CH Cheng
- IXP and Internet Growth - Bill Woodcock.
- VPLS migration @ Equinix Asia - Raphael Ho
- Singapore Internet Exchange: Chun Sing Kerk
- IXPs in Brazil: Milton Kashiwakura
- Euro-IX Update: Serge Radovic
- Misc Asian IX Updates
16:00 – 17:00 : Peering Forum : Peering Presentations and Peering Personals
- Route server WG update: Chris Malayter
- Serving from the Edge: Jake Chin
- Telecom Malaysia Peering Experiences
- Other peering personals, (Peering personals are open for operators in the room).
17:00 – 19:00 Peering Forum : Peering Cocktail and Social sponsored by Equinix at Convention Hall Foyer